Hold the Waffles

[hands in the middle and then the up thing]

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote or Die or Sort of Starve Yourself

Kudos to Ren for pointing out that we've totally ignored the major event of this Election Day 2006: the election.

I got my vote on so hard this morning. God, it was like whoa. The cleanse did affect my vote to a small degree. In an ordinary election year, I would look up who was running for which offices in my district, figure out their campaign platforms, do a brief analysis of the third party candidates (mostly, whether they had any shot and whether their messages were something I'd be willing to lend my vote to), and then select my candidates and memorize their names such that I'd be raring to go at the polls.

But because we're fasting and I can't have coffee, I just assumed I wouldn't be able to read the names anyway and voted straight Democratic ticket. Hooray for popular government!