Hold the Waffles

[hands in the middle and then the up thing]

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Third Day

Another dream about having cheated the fast! This time it was a sandwich...

It was basically a flashback of last night's valet shift, except this time when Mohammad the gypsy cab driver pulled up outside the cafe with Roast Beef on a Kaiser roll, a Nantucket nectar, and a fresh, golden-wrapped Twix candy bar, I consumed all three instead of throwing them in the trash as tears streamed down my face (what really happened). Reaching across the passenger seat to hand me the grocery bag of goodies, he smiled his signature toothy wince and declared "She is a beautiful sandwich!" (in Mohammad's native Arabic all nouns are gendered).

Upon waking this morning, I took in about three quarters of Cool Runnings with John Candy and company on TBS. I had forgotten what a fantastic film that it basically is. Yet another example of the lost 1990's art of mixing feel-good chuckles with real drama and pathos. This movie spans across genres gracefully. Maybe I just love John Candy.

But back to the fast. It is going great! I am not hungry, the lemonade is tasting better and better, and the bowels are working (though the deluge hasn't really begun). I've abandoned the salt water flush because it makes me throw up a little bit every time. Oh, also, I have started putting in much more Cayan Pepper. It make drink hot like fiyah! Stay strong everyone!