Hold the Waffles

[hands in the middle and then the up thing]

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today, not so bad

The fast has gotten hella lonely. But Andrew and I press on! We miss our friends but we know that they are in a better place. A much better palce with more food.

Today was pretty ok. I find myself relying more and more on the drink for energy and sustenance. The first glug is such a rush! A glass gives me steam for about 2 hours before I crash hard again.

I spent most of my day reading A Canticle For Leibowitz by Walter Miller Jr., a marvelous post-apocalyptic science fiction story that captivated me as a middle-schooler. I am revisiting it for the first time in about 10 years. Fittingly, the first third is about an young ascetic monk who must prove himself to the monastery by fasting in a nuclear desert surrounded by wolves. He is prone to fainting spells!