Hold the Waffles

[hands in the middle and then the up thing]

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Workplace

The hardest part of the day thus far has been the lunch hour, and not just because I'm not eating lunch, but primarily because everyone else is: the smells, sights, and sounds of chowing down all around just serve to remind me that there is no Subway in my future.

Naturally, because I'm a masochist, I allowed myself to be dragged to a Veterans' Day card signing in a conference room upstairs. The firm essentially bribes people to participate in these things by offering them pizza, to the point where there's an exchange rate whereby you have to sign one card for each slice you take. I signed two, and the messages were kind of generic, but I think they may have meant more than anyone else's because I declined my cheesy, greasy 30 pieces of silver.