Hold the Waffles

[hands in the middle and then the up thing]

Friday, November 10, 2006

IBS

Friends,
After four days, the fast, it would seem, is over for everyone. After receiving word of Andrew's fast-breaking, I too succumbed to the dark side. And man, life is better over here. It's a magical world of food and joy, and, joyness. Candy Mountain, Charlie!
In the end, I guess I have to echo Joe's sentiments: After the enthusiasm and the team aspect crumbled, I found no personal resolve to fill this gaping hole. I wanted my life back.
I learned a few things about myself and my relationship to food through it all. Mostly, I learned that I am pretty much used to putting things in my mouth hole around the clock nonstop. It seems as though I am always throwing something down there to put out or start one fire or another. I wanted to temper this impulse, and I hope I will be able to now with a heightened awareness of my propensity towards pie-hole stuffing.
Ironically, only now has the tummy-cradling diarrhea really set-in. I guess I only have myself to blame as I broke fast last night with the following:
one raisin bagel with cream cheese
one guava and orange Nantucket nectar
one half plain bagel with peanut butter
many forkfulls of leftover jerk chicken
three brownies
one beer
So needless to say, my stomach's emotions are kinda like this preceding menu: hella crazy.
I am reminded of a Cam'ron song, called "IBS." This song is about irritable bowel syndrome. Here are the lyrics: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Cam-ron/I-B-S.html
Anyone know how to post an mp3 on blogger?